tisdag 15 oktober 2013

AZ-Models Morane Saulnier M.S.406 1:48

AZ-Models Morane Saulnier M.S.406 1:48 scale kit (AZ4805).

I wanted to build a finnish Morane 406 in 48 scale. The only available kits in 48 scale seems to be Classic airframes, Hobbycraft and AZ-Models. The AZ-models is the same kit as classic airframes but with some tweaks and more resin, well I bought the AZ-kit.

Some of the big errors I found on the kit:
-Wrong nose shape, especially the upper shape.
-Gun pods on the wings has the wrong shape.
-Corrected the fusalage that´s to wide in the rear.

I corrected the ones above and lowered the radiator, landing light is lowered, added the armoured plate that protects the pilot. The cockpit is mostly scratched built because the kit resin was horrible.

The M.S.406 that I choose to build was MS-304 with 6 aerial victories. It was flown by among others finnish ace Lehtovaara who shot down three I-16 on the same day. MS-304 was destroyed by artillery fire July 1942.










1 kommentar: